LED LIGHT THERAPY SYSTEMS
What is LED light therapy?
Light therapy is the application of light energy to the skin for therapeutic benefits. It is a natural photobiochemical reaction similar to the process of plant photosynethsis. NASA’s space program has proven that LED light therapy (near-infrared) promotes wound healing and human tissue growth. The energy delivered by the Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs) has been shown to enhance cellular metabolism, accelerate the repair and replenish-ment of damaged skin cells, as well as stimulate the production of collagen – the foundation of a healthy and smooth skin.
A lot of research has shown that LED Light Therapy may help to smooth skin texture, improve skin firmness and resilience, increases the lymphatic system activity, restore skin’s natural cellular activity, reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and superficial hyperpigmentation. The treatment is for all skin types and it is non-ablative, non-invasive, painless and absolutely no downtime. Patients or clients can return to their normal activity immediately after the treatment.
- P. acnes is known as the causative agent of acne. Porphryin, a compound generated by the P. acnes bacteria, is photosensitive and reacts to 405-440nm (blue) light
- The Del Sol™ blue light handpiece emits 420nm blue light
- Blue light therapy is an alternative for patients who do not respond well to antibiotic therapy or who develop problematic side effects
Red & Infrared Light:
- Aids in circulation and moisture retention
- A complement to any skin care regimen